3600 West Babcock
Bozeman, MT 59718
Welcome to Hyalite Elementary School. We opened in the fall of 2009 after engaging in an invigorating process including working on the design of our school to fit our philosophy and bringing together a high quality staff ready to fulfill the Bozeman School District Long Range Strategic Plan and our Hyalite initiatives discussed below.
The skills students need to succeed in the global community and marketplace are changing rapidly. The Hyalite staff constantly search ways to best educate all students and to prepare them for a rapidly changing society which is already upon us. We constantly review and strive to follow Larry Lezotte’s Effective Schools Research (see below) and all staff work together to assure the highest achievement possible for each student in all areas.
Therefore, we will uphold the Core Purpose of the Bozeman Public School District:
Bozeman Public Schools exist to provide an outstanding education that inspires and ensures high achievement so every student can succeed and make a difference in a rapidly changing world community.
We are a staff of continuous growth, always learning in order to fulfill this purpose. We will fulfill the notion of “every student succeeding,” WHATEVER IT TAKES!
Larry Lezotte’s Effective Schools Research
When our children leave Hyalite Elementary School we want them:
- To have questioning minds
- To have an awareness of their earth and different cultures
- To seek diversity not just accept it
- To be able to cooperate with others
- To be able to recognize strengths in themselves and others
- To know what they would like to change and how to accomplish it (on both a small and large scale)
- To recognize they are contributors and leaders
- To have the potential to be agents of change
- To be enthusiastic about learning and exchanging ideas with others
- To be excited about the future and the possibilities it can bring
- To have all of the academic and specialist (music, health enhancement, library) skills to meet the above goals
- To know that they are valued