We are rightfully impressed with the public school system in Bozeman. There are seven elementary schools, two middle schools, as well as an alternative high school. The Bozeman High School and Chief Joseph Middle School have both received massive, voter-backed renovations. Many of the 600+ teachers working within the Bozeman Public School District hold master degrees, and have chosen to live here for the lifestyle. It is one of the most competitive school districts in America to get a job within. Find out how you can impact the community and the school system in Bozeman by visiting theBozeman Schools Foundation website.
Letter from the superintendent, Robert Watson:
Bozeman Public Schools exist to provide an outstanding education that inspires and ensures high achievement so every student can succeed and make a difference in a rapidly changing world community.” Core Purpose of the Bozeman School District
Our Core Purpose is supported by essential and enduring principles that guide our school district. The Core Values of the Bozeman School District:
- High Student Achievement: We are committed to ensuring that all students achieve at high levels.
- Committed, Quality Staff: We employ and retain well qualified and talented staff members who demonstrate commitment to the Core Purpose of the District.
- Community and Family Engagement: We believe that parents and the community are essential contributors in the achievement of our goals.
- Climate: We operate in a climate of respect, honesty and hard work, recognizing the need to be adaptable and open to change.
- Fiscal Responsibility: We are fiscally responsible in the management and expenditure of all District resources.
- Decision Making:We rely on best practices research to guide our decision-making.
If you are looking for a community and school district that are working effectively to provide opportunities for our children to succeed and make a difference in the world, then you will be interested in learning about the collaborative effort of the Bozeman School District and its partners. Please review the resources we have on the web to get a glimpse of our effort to provide outstanding educational opportunities to the students and families in the Greater Gallatin Valley. The District Long Range Strategic Plan guides our work with the intention of building a stronger, more vital School District that is widely recognized as delivering outstanding education to our students. (Visithttp://www.bsd7.org/ to read further)
Bozeman is also home to Montana State University. It’s a major force in Bozeman’s cultural life and energy. Read further for more in formation straight from the Montana.edu website.
MSU has more than 180 student clubs – academic to recreational to community service organizations. From hockey to horticulture and marketing to mechanical engineering, opportunities exist to build relationships with other students of similar interests.
MSU students outperform their peers nationally on professional preparation exams:
- MSU College of Business seniors consistently score above the 90th percentile on the Major Field Test-Business, a standard exam administered to business seniors across the country in more than 500 institutions. The most recent cohort scored in the 96th percentile overall.
- The College of Nursing student pass rate for the national licensing exam for nurses (N-CLEX) has been better than 90 percent for the last 10 years, and the graduate level certification first-time pass rate has been 100% since the program’s inception in 1957.
- MSU has a cumulative pass rate of 88.5 percent on the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam compared to the national average of 78.2% (since 2000).
- Students in Health and Human Development have a 96 percent first time pass rate on the Registered Dietetics Exam compared to 80 percent nationally.
Faculty experts mentor students through hands-on research and creative projects to prepare them for successful careers in their chosen field. MSU’s Career, Internship & Student Employment Services organizes two career fairs each year to connect students with employment opportunities. Top employers of graduates include: National Park Service, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Kiewit Mayo Clinic, National Institutes of Health, The Boeing Company, Kraft Foods and RightNow Technologies.
Points of Excellence for Montana State University – Bozeman, Montana
- Hands-on Learning
- Leading Research
- World-class Scholars
- Student-centered Campus
- Spectacular Setting
- Service and Outreach